6/3/15

shelf project (2) Modern Family 6x19 Grill Interrupted


Modern Family Episode Scripts

N/A - Grill, Interrupted

 #scene

Okay, Gloria, just make sure Jay doesn't find out.
Oh.
Boy.
[ Laughs ] [ Laughing ] I just heard that.
You probably think there's something between me and Gloria.
Relax.
I couldn't be more relaxed if I was in a coma.
Jay's grill was delivered.
She's keeping it under wraps so I can be there when he sees it! Alex: Oh, my god! I just got accepted into Caltech.
You did?! That is incredible! We're gonna have a famous scientist in the family! Uh, not that there's any shame in learning a trade.
Air conditioners are always gonna break.
Eh, I looked into it.
It's a lot of classes.
Honey, that is unbelievable.
It's hardly unbelievable.
Super-smart kid, super-smart school.
I never doubted you.
That must feel great.
Yep.
Pretty great.
What was that? I think that was my fault.
Me too.
Why? [ Sighs ] I do this all the time.
She does these amazing things, and I'm so used to it, I don't even make a big deal over Caltech.
I got excited.
Doesn't that count? Well, honey, you get excited over everything.
You're a born cheerleader.
I just need to make a really big fuss over Alex today.
That's all.
I know -- you're upset because I said that you were a born -- There's no such thing as a born cheerleader.
It takes hard work and sacrifice.
You know what a human pyramid is without hours of training? Mnh-mnh.
12 Obituaries
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.She's keeping it under wraps : keep something, stay, etc. secret or hidden

2. Look into ~: get to find out

3. to make a big deal : to overdo , overreact < to give a big celebration

4. to make a fuss over~; = make a big deal

pay a lot of attention to somebody/something; show concern, affection, etc. for somebody/something

5.obituary: an account of their life and character which is printed in a newspaper or broadcast soon after they die.

6.swoop in : quick action ( a part of Friends)

7. temp job: interm job ( a part of Friends)

8. WENUS: it sounds like mans' part( a part of Friends)

9. she's his lover: it's physical love ( a part of peep show)

10. you big freak!: you're strainge person. ( a part of peep show)

11. try to jump her : try to tempt her ( a part of peep show)

12. do a mega gulp: get big swallow ( a part of peep show)

13. food carrot uup his arse : to wedge between their buttocks.( a part of peep show)

14. back and forth: changing his own opinion ( part of the Bucket List)

15. close your eyes and let the waters take you: accept whatever happen to you 
(part of the Bucket List)



the controversial topics brought from it
  • 1. responsibility to pay back what my parents invest for me
  • 2. the love that overcome age difference
  • 3. about that the gay couples adopt their child.

    Discussion Questions:
  • Do you think parents should praise children equally regardless of merit?


Scene Time: in first video,
~1:15
1;26~2;02
2;44~5;00
5;39~6;37

inference:

Transcript: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=modern-family&episode=s06e19


Reflection
it took a quite little long time to finish the hang out, because we discussed about each 4 topics
and there was also problem that we weren't well-known about each ohter's
As my thought it's better to choose just one topic in the one scene  prepare thoroughly and discuss clearly






 


No comments:

Post a Comment